Join Our Team – Project Manager
PixelMill is excited to announce that we are expanding and actively searching for a Project Manager to join our dynamic team.
Who We Are
With 22+ years of expertise in the evolving world of web technologies, PixelMill is a leader in planning, designing, and implementing enterprise digital workspaces. We specialize in building customized communication and collaboration portals and sites utilizing Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and Azure.
We are technologists, researchers, and artists working together to create functional and beautiful tools to help make teams better communicators and collaborators. Hailing from our headquarters in Davis, CA, our diverse team has found that every successful solution includes a little art, a little code, and a whole lot of empathy.
Our personal experience working with Microsoft tools, combined with the knowledge we’ve gleaned from more than 22 years working with organizations of all shapes and sizes around the world, arms us with a primed perspective on how an effective digital workplace can transform your organization.
What We Do
We create custom communication and collaboration solutions that our clients will use and love. We believe that empowering employees with the tools they need to collaborate and communicate effectively extends your culture digitally and fosters trust throughout the organization.
Just like any successful brick-and-mortar business, a company’s digital workspace must attract users, make them feel at home, and encourage them to stick around.
We focus on user adoption of digital workspaces, modern intranets, extranets, and public-facing websites among businesses and organizations of all shapes and sizes. Over the last 22+ years, we’ve worked with technology companies, corporate entities, and government agencies across numerous industry verticals.
What We Offer Our Team
PixelMill offers competitive wages, health benefits, and the flexibility that comes from working remotely along with adaptable work schedules. We are a trusting team that values integrity, initiative, innovation, and a solid work ethic.
Who We’re Seeking
PixelMill is seeking a Project Manager to join our delivery team immediately. The project manager will directly report to our Business Development Manager with guidance from our delivery team lead and our President/Co-founder. A PixelMill Project Manager advocates for the client in all stages of a project while scheduling, coordinating, facilitating, managing resources, billing, estimating, tracking, and reporting for the PixelMill discovery, design, and development teams. The Project Manager also works closely with the sales team ensuring that our solutions fulfill each client’s unique requirements and meet expectations. Due to the evergreen nature of Microsoft technologies and the diverse needs of our wide variety of clients, PixelMill team members must be passionate and driven by the desire to constantly improve. A PixelMill Project Manager should be a lifelong learner. Through ongoing education led both by the PixelMill team and their initiative must stay current on the technology the needs of our clients.
PixelMill Project Manager:
JIRA Project Administrator Responsibilities
- 5+ years’ experience as a JIRA leader with experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required.
- Expert level Atlassian tool administration knowledge on
- Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language)
- Ability to construct custom dashboards using various filter types in JIRA
- Ability to integrate JIRA projects with MS SharePoint and Teams pages
- Maintaining customizations across projects/environments in JIRA
- Excellent understanding of JIRA workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screens schemes, etc.
- Configure, maintain, and upgrade Atlassian JIRA
- Responsible for bug tracking and issue tracking
- Support, compile and troubleshoot JIRA Project issues
- Design custom JIRA workflows
- Develop and compile training materials based on the department’s needs.
- Create, maintain, and support dashboards and advanced filters for end-users reporting capabilities
- Establish and execute data stewardship and best practices.
- Create and maintain detailed technical and user-facing documentation.
- Manage various development tools, testing tools and monitoring tools
- Evaluate, deploy, operate and maintain tools to suit the expanding user-base
- Provide training to technical and non-technical teams to use Atlassian tools
- Compile and analyze development and operational bug reports
- Install, Upgrade Atlassian products
- Experience developing JIRA dashboards and reporting, including the use of gadgets, widgets
- Experience using/customizing JIRA Macros and JIRA Query Language
- Experience creating and using a wallboard
- Map client requirements to Jira capabilities and design solutions that re-enforces client’s desired scaled agile methodology
- Analyze the client’s current Agile Team Tools (or other portions of their solutions stack) and help enable tooling and process integration between Jira Align and target applications.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of PixelMill projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and within scope and budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Develop and maintain key project metric tracking artifacts
- Manage changes to the project scope and project schedules
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps to document needs
- Proven working experience in project management and system integration
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the principles of agile and lean development methodologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Teams
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Must have a strong work ethic with exceptional time-management skills
- Clear communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrable understanding of SharePoint, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft 365 (Formerly known as Office 365) out-of-the-box functionality and its ability to address business needs and improve processes
- Ability to speak to the capabilities and limitations of SharePoint Online with clients
- Ability to assist with customer requirements-gathering sessions
- Ability to act as a liaison between developers, testers, customers, and other stakeholders during all phases of a project
- Experience with iterative systems development life-cycle and documentation
- Experience with Agile/Scrum activities and ceremonies, including backlog grooming
- Ability to clearly document requirements in user-story format with testable acceptance criteria
- Experience leading demonstrations of prototypes and solutions to end-users
- Ability to facilitate customer user-acceptance testing
- Prior experience as a SharePoint Administrator
- Experience with systems for requirements tracking and user-story management
- Experience supporting system migrations and upgrades
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent
- Experience with relevant CMMI Level 2 & 3 processes
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
Commensurate with experience
- PixelMill does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to careers @ pixelmill.com.