Join Our Team | Senior SharePoint & Microsoft 365 Developer
PixelMill is excited to announce that we are expanding and actively searching for a Senior SharePoint & Microsoft 365 Developer to join our team.
Who We’re Seeking
PixelMill is looking for an experienced software developer with an extensive background in enterprise SharePoint, SharePoint Framework, and related web development projects who is proactive, energetic, ambitious and a clear communicator. You must have a passion for technology and the desire to stay ahead of rapidly evolving coding techniques and strategies. If you have been waiting for an opportunity to showcase your coding skills, take on development and architecture leadership roles, contribute to a rapidly growing tech company, and further your career in an enterprise B2B development environment, this is the opportunity for you.
We want you to be a part of our mission: to bring compelling, intelligent, intuitive digital workspaces driven by the Microsoft 365 ecosystem focused on SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to enterprise customers.
As a highly analytical and a creative problem solver, you are able to conceive ideas and strategy, plan and execute those ideas, analyze results and most importantly adapt to change. You’ll be an important part of our programming team and bring a willingness to share your experience. You enjoy and excel in all aspects of web driven development but can write traditional .NET or C# if needed.
You are platform agnostic and the end goal, of exceeding the client’s expectations, is more important than the actual tools you use. The ideal candidate is comfortable with the responsibilities of programming and software development using various programming languages and related frameworks, requirements gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing solutions. As an experienced programmer, you are also responsible for interpreting architecture, design and code reviews in addition to helping/mentoring/leading other developers on the team when needed.
If you can bring the aptitude and experience then we can provide you all the tools you need to be a success.
Who We Are
With 20 years of expertise in the evolving world of web technologies, PixelMill is a leader in enterprise UI/UX design and development. We specialize in building customized communication and collaboration portals and sites utilizing Office 365, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and Azure.
We are technologists, researchers, and artists working together to create functional and beautiful tools to help make your team better communicators and collaborators. Hailing from our headquarters in Davis, CA, our diverse team has found that every successful solution includes a little art, a little code, and a whole lot of empathy.
Our personal experience working with Microsoft tools, combined with the knowledge we’ve gleaned from nearly 20 years working with organizations of all shapes and sizes around the world, arms us with a primed perspective on how an effective digital workplace can transform your organization.
What We Do
We create custom communication and collaboration solutions that our clients will use and love. We believe that empowering employees with the tools they need to collaborate and communicate effectively extends your culture digitally and fosters trust throughout the organization.
Just like any successful brick-and-mortar business, a company’s digital workspace must attract users, make them feel at home, and encourage them to stick around.
We focus on user adoption of intranets, extranets, and public-facing websites among businesses and organizations of all shapes and sizes. Over the last 20 years, we’ve worked with technology companies, corporate entities, and government agencies across numerous industry verticals.
What We Offer Our Team
PixelMill offers competitive wages, health benefits, and the flexibility that comes from working remotely along with adaptable work schedules. We are a trusting team and one that values integrity, initiative, innovation, and a solid work ethic.
- Develop customized digital workspaces based on the Microsoft 365 ecosystem, primarily driven by SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
- Implement mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Write solid TypeScript based on community-driven establish patterns to deliver innovative features
- Promote usability best practices
- Write development and implementation documentation both for clients and for internal projects
- The ability to take a project from mockups to deployment
- As a Senior Developer, you possess an eagerness to mentor other developers on the team when needed, including possible lead developer aspirations.
- Help implement new technologies so that PixelMill’s development team is always moving forward
- If needed, be able to take a project from mockups to deployment
- Willing to mentor other developers in the team
- 3+ years with TypeScript and related nodeJS toolchain
- 2+ years of SharePoint Framework and React with demonstrated solutions via github or other community-driven code repository
- 2+ years of developer community activity, i.e. SharePoint PnP Community
- Independent, self-motivated and success-driven, yet willing to work within a team environment
- Exemplary time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation skills
- Willingness to learn, be coached and coach others in programming skills and strategies
- Experience developing complex coding projects
- Personable, with good communication skills both online and in-person
- Ability to travel or work on-site as required
- This job is local to the greater Davis/Sacramento region although primarily work will be delivered remotely
- Senior Developer with at least 10 years of experience professional experience
- Gulp/Webpack/nodeJS toolchain
- Git or similar version control
Nice to Have Skills
- WordPress Development
- REST API Development
- Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office/Office 365 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative (CS) tools a plus
PixelMill does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time direct W-2 position.
No Recruiters, No Consultants, No Offshore and No Agencies Please.