Join us for SPTechCon Austin 2016, Feb 21st-24th
With the new year in full swing, we are gearing up for our first conference of the year, SPTechCon Austin 2016! We are proud to sponsor this conference and we hope you join us in Austin this Feb 21st to the 24th. SP Tech Con Austin offers over 80 sessions on SharePoint! Every year we look forward to interacting with the community and meeting some great thought leaders in the field.
Also, we hope you join our President, Co-founder, and Microsoft MVP, Eric Overfield for one or more of his sessions while at SP TechCon Austin 2016.
Branding Modern SharePoint
Join Eric for an introductory session on how to Brand Modern SharePoint on Monday, Feb 22 at 8:00 am to 9:15 am. Learn about the latest tools used to brand SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2013. This session will deep dive into no-code branding solutions, custom Master Pages and Page Layouts, and SharePoint Design Manager.
Topics discussed include:
- Branding SharePoint overview
- No Code and Minimal Code Solutions such as Composed Looks
- Custom Master Pages and Page Layouts
- SharePoint Design Manager
Joining SharePoint Add-ins with Node.js
Then catch Eric again on Wednesday, Feb 24th for two more sessions!
The first session from 8:30 am to 9:45 am aimed at seasoned Developers, will focus on Joining SharePoint Add-ins with Node.js. You will be introduced to all the pieces of the puzzle that help you build a provider-hosted SharePoint Add-in utilizing Node.js.
And don’t worry, Eric will provide you with all the code after the session!
You will learn:
- How to set up Node.js and connect to SharePoint using a MEAN stack environment
- Create a simple provider-hosted SharePoint SPA
- Join the SPA with a back-end database, MongoDB, and Node.js
Breaking Down Display Templates in SharePoint
You will walk away with the following knowledge:
- What Display Templates are and how they are used
- How to surface Managed Properties in Display Templates