The Photoshop Anthology
Announcing Corrie Haffly’s new book, The Photoshop Anthology: 101 Web Design Tips, Trick, and Techniques.
Corrie, PixelMill’s Lead Designer, has seen the culmination of years of hard work and self-taught determination come together with the publishing of this new book. Working with the talented team at SitePoint, Corrie put every ounce of effort into focusing primarily on the challenges that face web designers.
Most of the Photoshop books and tutorials currently in the market either focus heavily on Photoshop features in a overview format or on needs specific to the print or photography industries. The Photoshop Anthology is the first Photoshop book I have seen that clearly focuses on the web industry’s needs.
This makes sense when you know that Corrie has spent her career in web development and learning to use Photoshop effectively within that environment.
In the book, Corrie covers how to:
– Learn the basics: image sizing, layers, vector shapes, transparency, and more.
– Create attractive buttons: aqua-style, metallic, glassy, etc.
– Work with text: style it, create special effects, and wrap it around 3D objects.
– Touch up photographs, match colors, and combine different images.
– Make graphics for CSS rollover buttons.
– Optimize graphics for web use.
– Create animated GIFs.
– And lots more…
From beginner to Photoshop expert, The Photoshop Anthology puts clear focus on one niche of the Photoshop customer base and does an excellent job of diving down into the key step-by-step information we all need to get the most out of such a powerful tool.
To learn more and purchase this valuable addition to your web building library, please use the following links to the SitePoint site:
The Photoshop Anthology: 101 Web Design Tips, Trick, and Techniques