Unleash Productivity with PowerApps Today!
What is PowerApps?:
PowerApps brings power to the people!
Building business applications is a breeze with Microsoft PowerApps, empowering coders and non-coders alike. A suite of prebuilt apps, services, connectors, and data platforms with a simple development environment, PowerApps makes building custom apps for your business needs accessible to the masses. Whether you want to build a simple business application to connect and simplify workflows or design a highly customized application that pulls in data, logic, and multiple external connectors, PowerApps provides you with an extensible platform to accomplish it all.
Why Choose PowerApps?:
Automate business processes and unlock productivity, efficiency, and consistency across your organization. With PowerApps you can quickly build custom business apps that connect to your data stored in various online and on-premises data sources like Office 365, SharePoint, Excel, facebook, Salesforce, Dynamics 365, SQL Server, and more. Whether you’re a Power User, an admin or developer, you can quickly leverage PowerApps and create solutions that help make your organization more productive.
Another perk, apps built using PowerApps now have a responsive design, and can run seamlessly in a browser or on mobile devices.* Plus, you can publish your app to the web, iOS, Android, and Windows 10 making it accessible to your team at the click of a button. *Note: some older templates are not inherently responsive, but Microsoft provides an excellent tutorial on creating responsive layouts.
Numbers don’t lie! PowerApps increase ROI, efficiency, and productivity while reducing development costs. Forrester recently released the results of their review of PowerApps in their Total Economic Impact Study, and it’s quite impressive. The study reports a 362% increase in ROI, a 70% Reduced Development Cost, and a 15% Increased Business Efficiency. Read the full study for more.
Looking for inspiration? Check out some sample apps to see how you can start using PowerApps today.
Still not convinced? If you use any of the following tools, there’s a PowerApp connector and likely a way to leverage PowerApps to increase your productivity.
- SharePoint Online
- Office 365
- Microsoft Teams
- Dynamics 365
- One Drive
- Data Gateway
- SQL Server
- Custom APIs
Who can benefit from PowerApps?:
PowerApps enables many with its accessibility, and your entire organization can benefit.
- Creators: (App Makers): Whether you’re an experienced coder or an admin with no coding experience, you can leverage this powerful tool and create highly customized applications to help make your team more productive and efficient.
- End Users: App users can easily find and run apps created for them. They can also access and use model-driven apps like “Create a record” or “Import data from Excel.”
- Admins: Admins have access to PowerApps and Power Platform Admin centers grating them the ability to secure data, manage environments, and monitor usage.
- Developers: Pro-developer extensibility is natively built into the platform, allowing developers to seamlessly extend app capabilities using Azure Functions or use custom connectors to connect to custom or legacy systems.
Get Started Today!
You can create two types of apps using PowerApps: canvas and model-driven. Learn more at Overview of creating apps in PowerApps.
Canvas Apps: Canvas apps have been around since PowerApps’ launch. With canvas apps, you control the user experience and interface so you can dictate how your apps look and feel.
Choose canvas apps if you:
- Already have a defined data source
- Wish to control and customize the UI
- Want more command over functions and controls
- Want to bring together multiple sources into one application
To create an app, begin with web.powerapps.com.
- PowerApps Studio is the app designer used for building canvas apps. The app designer is the key ingredient to making PowerApps so accessible; creating apps with it feels more like building a slide deck in PowerPoint with drag and drop elements. For more information check out: Generate an app from data.
Model-driven Apps: When you create a model-driven app, you’re leveraging the power of the Common Data Service, which allows you to securely store and manage data within a set of standard and custom entities. Model-driven apps’ layout is preset in most cases and determined by the components you add to the application.
Choose Model-driven apps if you:
- Don’t already have your data stored somewhere and are creating a new data source
- Are looking to streamline existing business process flows
To create an app, begin with web.powerapps.com.
- App designer for model-driven apps lets you define the sitemap and add components to build a model-driven app. To learn more, visit: Design model-driven apps using app designer.
How PixelMill is using PowerApps:
PixelMill has been experimenting quite a bit with PowerApps, and our delivery team has found great success with the Meeting Capture PowerApp for our weekly client check-ins. This easy to configure application captures meetings notes and assigns follow up tasks for the team. When the meeting ends it posts the notes directly into OneNote and adds the tasks to Microsoft Planner, then emails the entire team including the client. This has been an enormous time saver for Project Management and ensures everyone is on the same page at the end of a meeting.
Here at PixelMill, we’ve definitely seen an increase in requests from clients to create PowerApps to make their day-to-day employee activities more efficient and productive, just they have for PixelMill.
Looking to leverage Power Apps to the fullest? One of our PixelMill productivity experts would love to chat with you about possible integrations and ways to cut down on tedious tasks to free up your valuable time to get the heavy lifting done.